Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Flash! Heck yes. Making a summit sunrise pop!

I'm usually a no-flash type guy but there are times you just have to use it.  I wanted this photo to tell a story of more than just a fabulous sunrise.  I experimented with what little available light I had but the sign in the foreground just didn't snap.  So I turned to the flip-up flash on my Sony A-58.  It was quickly evident that the flash Haleakalā National Park sign brought the sense of place into play.  

Sunrise viewing at the summit of Haleakalā is a top visitor attraction on Maui. Pre-dawn through sunrise is the busiest time of day and there is an ongoing, steady, and significant increase in sunrise visitation. 


You'll need to get up early to drive to the summit and there are few stops on the way.  My suggestion is you take your a supply of hot coffee with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to leave comments but please make them appropriate to the post to which you are responding.