Saturday, June 4, 2011

It helps if the bride is a bit of a ham!



Photo tip: If you are using a digital camera you should set the shutter speed to multiple shots per second.  This is usually a sport or action setting.  These photos were taken with natural light in Montgomery, Texas.  Normally I don't do wedding photography but cave in occasionally to arm twisting by friends and family.  Here I wasn't given much of a choice since the bride is my daughter.  It helps that she wanted her bridal portrait done outside and in several different types of poses and settings.  Mainly I just kept set the shutter on 3 frames per second and worked several angles.  And she has a bit of showmanship in her that lends itself to some great spontaneity.  I used a 70/300 mm zoom lens set on automatic.  Remember that quality and QUANTITY count here.  I took over 500 exposures to get what she wanted and called calf rope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to leave comments but please make them appropriate to the post to which you are responding.